Mr Ajeet Bajaj1
1Snow Leopard Adventures Pvt. Ltd., Gurugram, India
I have had the proud privilege of rafting Sir Edmund Hillary down the Ganges river on two occasions. In the world of adventure, Sir Edmund rose to heights higher than Mt. Everest by championing great initiatives such as building schools and hospitals for the Sherpa people of Nepal.
In my motivational speech, I talk about risk management, the concept of Seven Sigma, operational excellence, and rising higher than Mt. Everest in our lives. My narrative celebrates my passion for the great outdoors, my realization that we need to go beyond our individual achievements to make a difference and give back to society. It also celebrates the girl child via my account of the Mt. Everest climb with my daughter and an initiative called Planet Harmony, aimed to bring marginalised children to the mainstream.
• Ajeet Bajaj is an Indian adventurer, explorer and entrepreneur.
• Ajeet is the first Indian to have completed the Polar Trilogy by skiing to the North Pole, South Pole and across Greenland. With over 30 years of experience in adventure sports, he is the first Asian to have rafted and kayaked some of the most challenging rivers of the world spanning six continents. He has won a bronze medal in the national games for kayaking and one silver and two bronze medals in international rafting competitions in Switzerland and Siberia, Russia. He captained the international team for world white water rafting championships in Turkey in 1994.
• In May 2018, Ajeet & his daughter, Deeya, became the first Indian father – daughter duo to scale Mount Everest and also the first father – daughter team in the world to climb from the harder north side. In a country where the girl child is often neglected, they wanted to spread the message that any girl, given the right opportunities, can reach the highest of summits.
• While on a quest to complete “explorer’s grand slam”, Polar Trilogy & Seven Summits, Ajeet plans to attempt Mt Denali (Alaska), in May 2020 the seventh of his Seven Summits.
• In 2012, Ajeet Bajaj was conferred the Padma Shri (one of the highest civilian honours in India) by the President of India.
• Ajeet is the founder and Managing Director of Snow Leopard Adventures Pvt. Ltd., three times National Tourism Award winning organization promoting innovative and sustainable adventure travel since 1990.
• Ajeet was invited to participate in the Champions of Change Event with the Prime Minister of India in August, 2017.
• Ajeet has served two terms as President, Adventure Tour Operators’ Association of India.